Information We Collect - When you access or use a Site or App, we may collect the following information:
- Personal information which is of a personal nature and may be used to identify you as an individual, and provided by you to us, including but not limited to your name, profile image, contact number, email address, mailing address, billing information, survey responses, current and past restaurant reservation details, favourite restaurants, searches, sites or restaurant pages visited, dining activity, dining preferences, marketing responses, account settings and passwords ("Personal Information").
- Other information involving you, including but not limited to anonymous statistics, records and other information in relation to your browsing of the Site or App ("Non-Personal Information").
- When you visit our Site or App, some information is automatically collected from devices "device information (e.g., mobile, computer, laptop, tablet) used to visit or use our Site or App including, but not limited to, operating system, access times, browser information (e.g., type, language, and history), settings, and other data about your device that we use to provide the services. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site and App using certain technologies, such as cookies and other technologies.
- Site and App permissions including but not limited to location, mobile data, photo/video/media/files, notifications, storage, phone/SMS, and calendar.
- We do not proactively collect personal information considered as sensitive personal information such as health-related information. However, our Site or App may include text boxes which are designed for you to provide your choice of certain information about your dining preferences. You should be aware that the information you freely submit in these boxes may reveal to us or to the restaurants or third parties with whom we share information certain information that may be considered as sensitive personal information. For certain services on our Site or App, credit or debit card account information may be required.
- In addition, we may receive certain categories of Personal Information listed above from sources other than you, such as from third-party websites, applications, restaurants, and other third parties, including individuals who have added you as a guest to their reservation. We may combine this information with information we collect on our Site or App.
- If you use our Site, we may receive your generic location information (such as city or neighbourhood) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running. We may, for e.g., receive this information when you select restaurant search locations, enter your local dining city in your account profile, when you are in proximity to certain beacons, choose to publish your location in reviews you leave for Restaurants on the Site or App, or in your comments or communications with us. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Site or App, for e.g., to tailor our Site or App on a needs-based manner to provide you more relevant content about restaurants in your dining city.
How We Use The Information We Collect - We may use your information for the following purposes, to:
- Provide you with the services, products, and functionality offered on our Site and App and fulfil your requests, including, but not limited to, reviewing restaurants, making reservations, setting reminders, ordering food and beverage (including take away services), enabling the use of the online delivery service offered through our partners, enabling us to process bills and payments, paying for services, joining waitlists, sending TREAT Gift Cards and Merchant Gift Cards to recipients that you designate, and notifying people you add to, or otherwise request to notify of, your restaurant reservations through our Site or App; communicate with you about your account or use of our Site or App, services, products and/or functionality; respond to, or follow up on, your comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer service; communicate with you about special offers and other marketing communications; operate and improve our Site or App, products, services, and functionality; process and deliver contest entries and rewards; authenticate your credit or debit card account information, if applicable; personalize your experience on our Site or App, including displaying relevant advertising; provide information, services and products to our customers, including restaurants and their groups and affiliates; link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; perform statistical analysis; protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; comply with our policies, procedures and legal obligations; and as otherwise consented to by you and as required or permitted by applicable law. If you do not provide us with certain of your information, we may not be able to fulfil the requested purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide our Site or App to you.
- Conduct Internal Audits. Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies.
- By posting any Non-Personal Information on or via any Site or App, or by otherwise providing any Non-Personal Information to TREAT (whether electronically or otherwise), you agree and acknowledge that you grant to TREAT a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, disclose, display, reproduce, perform, distribute and modify such Non-Personal Information in any manner and for any purpose as TREAT may deem fit.
- We may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, text message, or mobile push notification to, for example: send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation and waitlist confirmations and updates, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and/or applicable law, communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by TREAT, our subsidiaries, our affiliates, restaurants, and other business partners. With your consent, we may contact you at the mobile phone number that you provide to us by way of direct dial calls, auto-dialled and pre-recorded message calls, and text messages in connection with the above purposes.
- We may aggregate information collected from you and other users as well as device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user and with which we attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve our services, and to analyse and understand how our Site or App and products are used.
- We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise needed to comply with the applicable law and internal company policies.
Security Of Your Information - TREAT takes commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Sites or through our Sites, it will be protected by cryptographic protocols. To be clear, TREAT does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. We use third party payment processors that are the controllers of your credit card information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or your other information will always be secure or that unauthorized third-parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by TREAT or our third-party service providers. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your TREAT account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. If you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised, please contact us immediately as detailed in the Contact Us section, below.
Correction or Updation Of Your Information - If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your information. You may also contact us as detailed in the Contact Us section, below.
Changes To This Policy - We reserve the right to update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Sites, and as required, obtaining your consent. Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this Policy and apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Site or App.If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Site or App.
Links To Third-Party Websites - The Site or App may contain hyperlinks to websites which are neither maintained nor controlled by TREAT, including links to websites of restaurants and our advertisers, sponsors, and partners (Third-Party Websites). This Policy only applies to information collected by our Site or App. You agree and acknowledge that TREAT shall not be responsible for the privacy and security practices employed by any Third-Party Website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including any loss or misuse of Personal Information, arising from access to or use of any Third-Party Website.
Respecting Your Personal Data & Contact Preferences - TREAT is committed to complying with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We may send marketing messages to your telephone number if:
- you have given us consent, or
- you have not registered with the national DNC Registry, or
- the sending of such messages is permissible under the applicable laws and regulations
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals from our preferred partners and advertisers. If you wish to continue receiving such messages or to opt out, you can indicate your preference at any time by logging into your TREAT account and accessing your account settings. Your request will be processed in 30 days.You can also opt out of optional newsletters you have previously subscribed to directly from the link at the bottom of the email. Please note that after opting out, you may still continue to receive non-marketing messages, such as product updates and service notices as permitted under applicable local laws and regulations. If you would like to access or update your personal information, you may do so by accessing the profile page on the Site or App. If you would like to make any inquiries about your personal data, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us - If you have any questions about this Policy or information we have collected about you, please contact us by email at email@example.com